Door County Juvenile Restitution
The Door County Juvenile Restitution Program (JRP) is based on the concept that the juvenile’s actions have had a negative affect on their victims and the community as a whole and that the youth must do something positive to repay the victim and the community. Restitution refers to actual repayment to the victim by the offender or symbolic repayment in the form of community service work. Lakeshore CAP's JRP objectives are to:
- Provide alternative disposition to the Juvenile Court under Chapter 938 of the Juvenile Justice Code
- Provide compensation to victims and the community
- Instill a sense of responsibility in the offender
- Provide community service opportunities at appropriate sites for juveniles
- Help youth develop job seeking and employment skills
- Provide positive work experiences
- Coordinate with other agencies working with the same youth
Juvenile Restitution involves victims, youthful offenders, parents and the community in a search for solutions that promote repayment, responsibility and rehabilitation.
Learn about other youth programs on the Youth page.