This program offers a holistic approach to address individuals' needs and identify goals in all areas of their life. We offer individual, confidential development of training plans, technical assistance with job skill activities, and connecting with other resources and emotional support while working toward goals.
If eligible, the following financial assistance could be provided:
- Tuition, books, fees
- Transportation costs
- Training-related child care costs
- Be a resident of Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan or Calumet counties
- Work at least 20 hours per week
- Have household income that meets eligibility guidelines
Provides opportunities to:
- Explore career options, including non-traditional occupations
- Attend school part-time, taking classes convenient to your work schedule
- Develop new skills or enhance current skills while working
- Increase earning potential and access to employer-sponsored health insurance
- GED/HSED assistance also available (see web page)
This could be your story!
Before: A grocery store clerk making $8.00/hour and working 25 hours per week makes an annual income of $10,400.
After: After 25 months in the Skills Program, this participant now earns $16.00/hour and makes $20,880 working 25 hours per week.
920-682-3737 ~ Skills Enhancement
Learn about other jobs and economic development programs on the Jobs and Economic Development page.