Rapid Re-housing Program:
Provides short-term rental assistance and possibly security deposit for people who are literally homeless (living in a shelter or on the street, in a car or other place not meant for habitation) or are homeless due to fleeing domestic violence
- Up to 6 months of assistance
- Applicants are not required to have income at entry
- Uses the "Housing First" Model that prioritizes providing permanent shelter for the homeless
- Case management varies based upon Grant
- Enrollees are required to pay 30% of their adjusted gross income
- A housing inspection is required
Lakeshore CAP is the central location to begin the process of finding help in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan Counties.
After completing an initial application, our Case Managers will determine if one of our programs -- or if a program from a local partner -- best promises to fit your situation.
Learn about other community programs on the Community page.